Developing a Cancer Strategy is complex and requires a deep understanding of future possibilities for cancer care within the context of:
- Increasing global burden of cancer and patient expectations
- Advances in treatments and prognosis
- Complex healthcare environment with different stakeholders and models for decision-making globally
Cancer Care Commission will review the following Critical Success Factors in your organisation
- Do the latest advances in science translate to improved diagnosis, treatment and care delivery?
- Care pathways
- How are care pathways continuously evaluated and updated?
- What are the benefits of second opinion and referral to leading UK cancer centres?
- Healthcare delivery
- Do you use multi disciplinary teams to ensure current best standard of care?
- Do you use agreed treatment guidelines?
- Value and outcomes
- Is the latest evidence based thinking being applied to deliver excellent clinical outcomes?
- Organization and business model
- How will your organisation need to be positioned in the short, medium and longer term to deliver a cost effective cancer strategy?
- Does your IT support work?
- Training & Education
- How will you guarantee the quality of your workforce and accredit your organisation’s cancer centre?
Cancer Care Commission will develop and support your organisation by providing:
- Accreditation of cancer services from world class secondary and tertiary facilities
- Best in class service benchmarking against global standards
- Access to world class oncology consultancy team and experts to truly “turn around” your cancer care division
- Validated SOP’s and treatment protocols
- Validated accreditation system
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Second opinion and referral to Oxford Faculty